Saturday, September 3, 2011

Robyler p.105 #1

I visited the sites that were mentioned on page 105 of Robyler question 1. The first site evalutech.srb.org/ was not very easy for me to manipulate through the site. It had a lot of reviews, about 10,000 reviews for software and print resources. It had a more professional development feel to the site. As much as I searched, I could not get an idea for what exactly was available for me that they offered. The next site was the California Resource Learning Center and appeared to be up to date that provided newsletters on latest reviews of software and internet resources. It had tutorials to help you learn how to search and explore their site. This site was very user friendly and will go back to this site for sources in my classroom. I have experienced the superkids site before and have used this in my classroom. I didn't realize it had reviews of latest software. It includes best sellers and price list. This is a large site that offers so much to the educator, student and parents. This site allows for parents, kids and teachers to make reviews on products. I found this site to be one that I will continually go to. I had been using the 'word of the day' for the past couple of years for my classroom and to make quick worksheets. I really do love the superkids site.  Educationworld has a plethora of information that appears very up to date. It has everything an educator would want or need. I have visited this site before and enjoyed the resources it offered. Like the previous site, I did not realize or take note of all the professional development and reviews it had to offer. With most teachers, time is not a luxury we all have, therefore I had not explored all of this site. But, since this has been brought to my attention, I will access this site now just not for the worksheets and games/links it has to offer. I will go here when needing reviews on different sites for my classroom, strengthening weaknesses that I have in my teaching, or for ideas, such as the upcoming 9/11 memorial. To me, this site seemed the most up to date and user friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment